PILIPINAS GLOBAL NETWORK LIMITED
Our Privacy Commitment
PILIPINAS GLOBAL NETWORK LIMITED values and erspects your right to privacy. We are committed to safeguarding your personal data in compliance with Republic Act No. 10173 or the Data Privacy Act of 2012 and its Implementing Rules and Regulations (DPA), generally including among others, the Canada’s Personal Information Protection and Electronic Data Act (PIPEDA), California Online Privacy Protection Act (CalOPPA), California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA), Washington Privacy Act (WPA), and the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
Why do we collect your personal information (as applicable)?
We collect and maintain basic information about you as users of PGN sites for the following purposes:
- To create and nurture a relationship with you and continuously provide you with relevant content.
- To improve our programs, products and services. To understand your needs and preferences, and gain better insight of the kind of content that would be relevant to your preferences.
- To continuously improve our business and operations, and boost user loyalty.
- To meet legal and regulatory requirements, we perform such other processing or disclosure that may be required to comply with pertinent laws, rules, or regulations.
Where do we get these information?
There are several ways we collect your personal information.
Information that you personally provided.
Most of the personal information we have are those that you have given us. You provide us personal information when you:
- Register/subscribe to our programs, or purchase our products or services;
- Inquire, comment, file a complaint or request for service;
- Take part in our research and surveys, and marketing campaigns;
- Become our Partner, Vendor, Contractor or Supplier; and/or
- When you apply for work with us.
Information we may collect during our relationship with you
We may collect information as you use our products and services, like:
- Using our network, facilities and services;
- Contacting or calling us through our hotline and other modes;
- Using our apps, websites, and self-service channels and portals;
- Joining our promos, prize raffles, or rewards and loyalty programs.
Information we collect from other sources
We may collect your personal information through other activities such as our market research initiatives and promotions, when you visit and transact with our or partner’s front offices/stores, when you visit and use our websites and mobile apps (if any), and from any of our subsidiaries, affiliates, and third-party business partners to whom you have given your consent for them to share your information with us.
When do we disclose personal information?
There are circumstances where we may need to share some of the information that you have provided us. In these cases, we ensure that your personal information is disclosed on a confidential basis, through secure channels, and only in compliance with the Data Privacy Act and other applicable privacy laws.
We will never share, rent, or sell your personal information to third parties outside of PGN except in special cases where you have specifically given consent, and as described in this policy.
In some instances, we may be required to disclose your personal information to our agents, subsidiaries, affiliates, business partners and other third-party agencies and service providers as part of our regular business operations and for the provision of our products and services. This means we might share your information with:
- Our service providers, contractors, and professional advisers who help us provide our services. This includes partner companies, organizations, or agencies, and their sub-contractors;
- Our subsidiaries and affiliates with whom you have also signed-up with. We do so only for the improvement of each other’s business and operations.
- Other companies to whom you have also given consent for us to share your information with; and
- Law enforcement and government agencies, but only when required by laws and regulations and other lawful orders and processes.
How we protect your personal information
We also put in effect the following safeguards:
- We keep and protect your information using a secured server behind a firewall, encryption and security controls;
- We keep your information only for as long as necessary for us to (a) provide the products and services that you avail from us, (b) for our legitimate business purposes, (c) to comply with pertinent laws, and (d) for special cases that will require the exercise or defense of legal claims;
- We restrict access to your information only to qualified and authorized personnel who are trained to handle your information with strict confidentiality;
- We undergo regular audits and rigorous testing of our infrastructure’s security protocols to ensure your data is always protected;
- We promptly notify you and the National Privacy Commission (or the corresponding agency in your territory) when sensitive personal information that may, under the circumstances, be used to enable identity fraud are reasonably believed to have been acquired by an unauthorized person;
- We let you update your information securely to keep our records accurate.
PGN will not collect, use, or disclose your personal information for any purpose other than those identified in this Commitment, your Service Agreement or our Terms of Service, and any other purpose that you may have given your consent for.
For greater clarity, unless you provide specific consent, we shall not:
- Share your personal information or sell it to our business partners and third-party service providers; or
- Use your personal information to enable third-party targeted advertisements.
What are your choices?
You are given certain rights in relation to your personal data under the Data Privacy Act and the corresponding privacy laws covering your territory. Basically, we would like to ensure that we have your consent to continue to collect, use, and disclose your personal information for the purposes that we have identified. We want you to know that you do have choices and can object or withdraw your consent and/or edit your consent preferences at any time.
If you wish to have access to your personal information in our records; or you think that such personal information we have of you is incomplete, not up-to-date, or otherwise inaccurate, you may get in touch with our Data Privacy Officer through the contact details provided below. In some instances, we may request for supporting documents or proof before we effect any requested changes to your personal information.
Divina Gracia Cabildo
Pilipinas Global Network Limited
Reliance corner Sheridan Streets
What happens when there are changes in our Policy?
You will always be provided notice if these changes are significant and, if we are required by law, we will ensure to obtain your updated consent.